During recent days we've been asked for help by a user that had several issues trying to run BardCanvas on his recently acquired host. It was an account on a shared hosting provider, and had enhanced security settings. So we modified a few files to avoid other users under similar circumstances getting hit.
Core updated to version 22.214.171.124 (Wrap-up of the latest four updates that weren't published)
- Fixed login helper paths in .htaccess (note: may require manual edition on deployed websites).
- Showing display errors changed to "On" by default on config-sample.php
- Added styles for responsive grids into TinyMCE (extra changes pending).
- Fixed path issue on account validation email.
- Added resetting of SQL mode to avoid global strict warnings.
- Changed mail method from sendmail to PHP mail() function to avoid fatal errors.
- Chaged MIME detection method for video files to avoid warnings.
Updates Client module updated to version 1.6.1
- Removed mandatory checks over HTTPs.
All templates updated to next minor version (x.x.3)
- Tuned CSS to improve multi-column layouts on indexes.
The experimental site manager here at bardcanvas.com had a small addition: you can set a small caption to the website so, instead of getting a wide widget for big domain names you can set it to a small label to identify it (I.E. "bcdev" instead of "bcdev-server.mydomain.com").
That's all for the moment. Stay tuned, because we have exciting news to be released soon!